Packington Hall is an English Country mansion designed by James Wyatt, one of Britain’s most famous architects, responsible for some of the most historic buildings in the country.
Built in the mid 1800’s for the Babington family whose daughter, Mary, married into the Levett family. It was passed through family members until the last member of the Levett family, Rev. Thomas Prinsep Levett, vicar of Whittington. Although two younger brothers outlived him, Packington Hall was sold to CTP Gills Ltd in the 1940’s when its factory in Birmingham was bombed. They vacated the property 2007 from which time the property lay empty.
Over the years Gills owned the property the original hall stood, however 6 industrial units along with a detached house to the rear of the site had been built. The site was auctioned in 2009 and stood derelict. Purchased in 2018 by the current owners, the vision was to restore this beautiful hall to its former glory.
And so the work began…
Over the last 10 years a number of planning applications had been made. The current owners prior to purchasing the site, took some 2 years negotiating with Lichfield Council and their conservation department to ensure a sympathetic scheme was achieved that would enhance the surrounding area.
Planning was granted to restore and convert the Grade 11 Listed building into 6 apartments, with the removal of the existing industrial units to enable some the grounds to be redeveloped with 22 new dwellings, complete with landscaping.